Thing 7: RSS Feeds

Wow...once again I realize how far behind the times I really am.  The Common Craft video, from 2007, did such a great job of explaining RSS feeds and at the same time, making me feel very tech-defunct.  The video was made 2 years ago and I'm just now using RSS feeds and a reader.  I guess better now then never, but still...everything happens so quickly in Technology Land.


Well, I am definitely a fan of RSS feeds as well as Google reader.  I've been spending the morning finding blogs and setting up folders to manage them through my reader.  I searched through some of the blogs suggested by North Texas 23 and subscribed to a couple.  Yay!!  AND just my luck, yesterday I received an email suggesting I check out DailyLit.com.  I am in LOVE!  This site, which you can arrange to read through your reader as I did, sends short installments of classic books right to you.  The selections take about 5 minutes to read and you can set up delivery times and frequency to work for you!  It's great!  I started reading The Curious Case of Benjamin Button today.  My friends....this is a great way to keep up with books none of us have time to read.  Enjoy!

I have come to the conclusion that if I ever have to choose between Internet and cable TV, the choice is easy!

1 comments:

Todd J. Humble said...

Who needs cable TV anyways with BlinkX, Joost, YouTube, and 100's of other video sources for free... Plus there are about 35 channels of junk over the air in the DFW area.

Post a Comment