Technology Addict?

June 26, 2009

So, I have had a revelation of sorts about technology and the complete control it has over my life. I was stupid enough to leave my phone next to a glass of tea I was enjoying yesterday. This is not something smart to do when you have a 10-month old puppy running around because as soon as I turned around, the drink was spilling all over my beautiful Blackberry Storm. My bad, but still erked at my dog. As most everyone knows, cell phones and liquid do not mix so I was off to the Verizon store, gimpy cellphone in tow. Thankfully, my husband and I have phone insurance, one thing that helped us make the ultimate decision, "Iphone or Blackberry?" $50 later, I was being shipped a new phone. All was well...but then I had to wait...and wait...and wait...until about 30 minutes ago when my pretty shiny BB arrived! Of course, I'll be making another trip to the Verizon store in a bit to finish up what my goober-of-a-dog started, but for the past 24 hours, I have been cellphoneless.

This did not simply mean no one could call me. It also meant the end of my text messaging and mobile Facebook and Twitter updates. A sad day people...a sad day. So, the message in all this? Well, I can't believe how dependent I have become on my friggin' phone! Seriously Alicia! I used to roam around without a cellphone without a problem. When I finally did have a phone, no one texted me because it did not exist. Now that phones do so much, I rely heavily on this silly piece of plastic and fancy touch screen. It's crazy! Am I now encouraged to give it all up and go back to a life without a cell phone? Well, no. I will just take a moment to revel in my new-found insight. Sheesh...now excuse me. Have to get back to charging my Berry...


Old Blackberry...sad Alicia...


New Blackberry...Happy again!

0 comments:

Post a Comment