Thing 14: Delicious

June 25, 2009

Love Delicious!! I was first introduced to Delicious at a technology training a couple of years ago. The lady referred to her Delicious page where we could find some great links for classroom use. Well, I had no clue what she was talking about! Once I figured out what it was, and used her links because they were great, I didn't do much else with it. Finally, this school year, I broke down and created my own account. I wanted to have access to great sites at school that I found while I was at home.

This year, I'm going to encourage my colleagues to create Delicious accounts so we can all take advantage of the social side of the site. I didn't consider Delicious to be a social network, but after watching the Common Craft video, I understand it. I am hopeful that by using each other's resources, as good teachers and librarians do, it will be easy for us to all benefit.

I think Delicious will continue to be a great asset when I am a school librarian. As I find sites my teachers would use, I can tag them by subject and grade level. My teachers can access the Delicious site and use anything they find helpful! What a great way to use technology for the benefit of students!

0 comments:

Post a Comment