Thing 17: LibWorm

July 9, 2009

What a time saver! LibWorm seems like it is THE place for the most current LIS news, reports, and information. Certainly because many of the resources are personal blog pages, so there is a certain amount of bias to consider, but still a great place to start when looking around in the LIS world.

I looked up my school's library with no returns. Hmmm...I figured I would get at least a few hits. I also looked around the "Challenged Books" sites. Very interesting! I also looked up "Web 2.0" and found some great info on e-books and climate consideration I had not even thought of.

I'm adding LibWorm to my Delicious account for sure. It'll be a great tool for me in the future.

PS....I just figured out how to fix a problem I was having with my blog. I went into the code and fixed it! Thanks Blogger Help Group!

1 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Alicia,

if you're interested in the "challenged books" sites you could also be intrigued in our website!?

It's www.ncac.org

At the moment I'm completing an Internship at NCAC- National Coalition Against Censorship. It's dedicated to protect free expression and access to information by providing for example educational resources and advocacy support to individuals and organizations responding to incidents of censorship.

The recent blog entry deals with "safe libraries" and the logical consequences of filtering important informations. It’s very interesting and we want to know what for example you think about that special case. We’re glad about a lot of comments as well as a lively discussion!

The blog address is: http://ncacblog.wordpress.com

Greetings
Jana

Post a Comment