Thing 18: Wikis

The only wiki I am familiar with, before this posting, was wikipedia. I have used it myself to look up general information on topics I wanted to know more about. I allowed my students to use it IF IF IF they used the original resource the information came from. One of the best parts of wikipedia is located at the bottom of the article. The primary resources are listed, many websites, that can be used to check the information is accurate. It's a great way to keep kids honest and to lessen the chance of finding bad information.


I had never thought of using wikis in the business world to replace that Intranet. What a great idea! It could become overwhelming if the information wasn't organized, but it would certainly be a great way to give everyone a chance to share information. Once everyone was trained, it would be fairly easy to use as long as comments stayed on track. I can see how it would become difficult to follow a single conversation if postings contained information about multiple topics.

I think it would also work to discuss books, projects, any student topics! A very cool way to engage students in discussion for sure!

0 comments:

Post a Comment