Thing 20: YouTube

I love YouTube! I have found it so useful and was thankful when my school district unblocked it for teachers. It contains some amazing resources for teaching concepts and reinforcing learning. I have shown movie clips, teaching videos, commercials. It's fantastic! I recently uploaded my first YouTube video and it was very easy. Interested? Click here!


Funniest thing! I found the Austin Public Library's Bibliofiles book cart drill team! Great stuff! I had no idea this even existed. What a fun way to bring excitement to the library!

I now know what the Harvard Law Library looks like thanks to this video. Would have never known!

Very cool video from School Library Journal! They reviewed the Kindle 2 from Amazon and I enjoyed watching it because I'm very interested in buying one myself. Now that I know SLJ does these videos, I can look up more from them and get their reviews on different resources.

I will definitely continue to use YouTube to search for resources for students. As book trailers become more popular, I will use those to entice students into books. I would love to get students to make book trailers at some point as well. What a great way to utilize technology and creativity!

0 comments:

Post a Comment