Thing 12: Twitter

June 16, 2009

Tweet Tweet! I am a fairly new user of Twitter, but I love it too! (I think I just love fun techy things really because so far, I'm a fan of all 23 Things!)

Twitter is great for those that do not want to keep up with all the things Facebook has to offer. Its simple format is great and easy-to-understand. Not as many of my friends use Twitter, but slowly more people are beginning to use it. I am proud of my principal who created an account this summer for our campus. She is using it to keep everyone updated with important info. It's also been a great way to "nudge" her staff to branch out and use something new. It's a personal choice, but I haven't chosen to completely block my account to others. For some reason, I feel a bit better about having my account accessible because I don't have as much on my Twitter account as I do on Facebook.

Besides using Twitter, the last time I heard about it was in an article about Twitter. I am trying to access my Twitter post where I shared the article with others, but Twitter is down right now. I will post the link later. It focused on how Twitter is changing the world really. Very interesting idea. It also explained some of the history of Twitter. When the idea of only having 140 characters with which to share ideas and thoughts was presented, many thought it was a crazy idea. Since then, there have been full out discussions and debates involving many people through Twitter. And of course there was the whole Ashton Kutcher-Twitter race. He was the first person to have 1 million Twitter friends. I think I have 23 so he had better watch out!

1 comments:

Todd J. Humble said...

Tweet away...

Post a Comment